Safety belts save lives. Do you have a compelling story to share?
Email your story to texasclickit@gmail.com.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Texan Survives Rollover


I survived a rollover in a 2000 Ford Explorer on Interstate 35 at Jarrell, TX, while cruising at 70mph.

My left rear tire blew causing the Explorer to go airborne. It landed on its front end deploying the air bag, which I thought had broken my jaw from such a fierce force. The car rolled and landed on the passenger side against the highway-dividing wall facing southbound in the northbound lane.

My seat seat belt was on so tight I had to cut it crawl out the driver side window. My wearing my seat belt prevented me from being thrown from the car.

The Texas seat belt law was created to save lives and it saved mine.

R. Aguilar
Belton, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment